Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Caeser essay


Bailey Winkler
Mr.Allam
English II
10 March 2011
Persuasive Writing
           Do you know what a good friend is? I was killed by people I thought were my friends but I was wrong. Looking back on this you can’t trust people who have lied to you and you should trust your loved one’s before your friends.

Brutus might say its okay to ruin a friendship for the country but I disagree, I didn’t do anything to hurt the country. In fact I helped it was going to give some of people in Rome seventy-five drachmas and some land. I was betrayed by the people who I thought were my friends so therefore I couldn’t do those things for the people.

First off you can’t trust people who have lied to you. According to Brutus, “Every like is not the same, O Caesar the heart of Brutus earns to think upon,” (II.i.128). In other words, Brutus is saying to himself those who appear to be friends are not friends at all. I thought when they came to my house they wanted to take me to the capital as my friends and celebrate me becoming king but I was wrong they just wanted to get me there to kill me. I thought I could trust Brutus and he was my friend but he lied to me he was only going to kill me in the end. You can’t trust people that you think you know because of that reason you think there looking out for you but really they aren’t.

Secondly, you should always trust your loved ones before you trust your friends. I state “How foolish do your fears seem now Calphurnia,” (II.ii.105). In other words, I believed Calphurnia’s fear of me dieing was not true, I believed what my so called friends were telling me which was that I was going to be crowned king. I should have listened to Calphurnia I shouldn’t have even gone to the capital because if I wouldn’t have gone I wouldn’t be dead right now finding out who my real friends are. You should always trust your first instinct, which mine was to stay home like my wife wanted me too, but instead I decided to be persuaded to go to the capital where I was killed and betrayed. I have learned you should always believe your loved one’s there always the one’s looking out for you the most not your friends.

There might be good friends out there who actually care about you but my friends weren't those types of friends they were only going to betray me and kill me. I have learned your loved one’s are the people you should trust not your friends and I have also learned you can’t trust people who have lied to you. I have showed you what happens when you don’t do those things, so trust me when I tell you these things you don’t want to turn out like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment